If you have a job posting you would like to have included, please email email@example.com
Professional Land Surveyor - Raleigh, NC
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for working in accordance with TRC's Core Values -- Through Leadership, Excellence and Accountability: Safety -- Honesty & Integrity -- Our People -- Our Customers -- Superior Financial Performance -- Vision & Innovation -- Effective Communications
- Reviews project survey requirements and participates in the development of a written plan for the execution of the activities needed to meet those requirements. The "Execution Plan" should include a description of the scope of work to be performed, a time schedule reflecting the key tasks necessary for the completion of the activities, a budget reflecting the estimated costs of completion, an organization chart reflecting the number and management structure for personnel required to complete the necessary activities, a listing of office space and equipment necessary to carry out the survey activities, a listing of key objectives, permits or milestones and the outside inputs required to complete the necessary activities, copies of documents, records, and reports necessary to record the survey activities, and procedures for controlling changes in work scope, documentation, safety, emergency response, and quality
- Responsible for successfully carrying out project "Execution Plans" including managing the scope of work, maintaining and updating the project schedules, managing and updating project budgets and managing project personnel
- Requests assignment of personnel (by classification and number) and equipment needed to carry out the required survey activities
- Orients survey personnel, as they are assigned, on TRC Values, safety, survey policies and procedures, and project schedule. Assigns tasks to each survey personnel and explains the requirements for documentation of those tasks. Ensures survey personnel are capable of performing their assigned tasks. Monitors the survey personnel's performance of activities, completion of documentation, personal conduct, work ethics, and interface with others. Monitors the overall survey tasks for compliance to project requirements. Identifies changes in work scope, variance in scheduled completion or budgeted costs. Implements the necessary actions to incorporate work changes and if possible maintain progress schedules and budgeted costs Document any required changes in schedules and budgeted costs as a result of work scope changes.
- Reviews survey data for completeness and accuracy
- Monitors documentation control and filing systems to assure the ready storage and retrieval of project documents, records, and reports
- Maintains close communications with the Project Manager, Survey Director and Client Representative to report survey progress, problems with and possible resolution to pertinent issues hampering project survey completion
- Ensure the review of all survey personnel time and expense reports for completeness, accuracy, and approval
- At project completion, supervises the preparation and submission, to the Survey Director / Client Representative, of the complete documentation for all survey activities performed into a project completion package
- Must have the ability to walk several miles a day, sometimes in rough terrain, in order to supervise the activities in the field.
- Outdoor environment. Must be able to perform job duties in a variety of terrain ranging from swamps to deserts to forests to mountains and extreme climates, including weather, ranging from -10 degrees and snowing to 110 degrees desert heat. Will likely be exposed to a variety of plants (poison ivy, oak, and sumac) and creatures such as bears, snakes, spiders, insects, and other wildlife.
Salary commensurate with experience
- Graduate of an ABET accredited survey curriculum with BS. Degree in Land Surveying preferred
- LSIT with 5-years' experience or Registered Professional Land Surveyor License required
- Willing to obtain additional license(s) during employment with TRC required
- Minimum experience required is five years surveying experience with previous supervisory assignments
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Geomatics Field Supervisor I - Wilmington, NC
If you are looking to start or continue your career in the Land Surveying industry in an environment that encourages professional growth and rewards hard work, the Geomatics group at Stewart is the place for you. Our Geomatics staff is immersed in an exciting, fast-paced working environment that performs work on both DOT, locally administered (Municipal), university and other great projects. If you are interested in joining the fun, yet professional, Geomatics team at Stewart, please apply today!
In this exciting role, the selected candidate will work on many different types of surveys including but not limited to boundary, ALTA, topographic, existing conditions, right-of way, transmission line, transportation, construction, and other types of land surveys. This candidate must love working outdoors and in different climate conditions.
•High School Degree or Equivalent Required.
•3-6 Years of Related Experience.
•NSPS Certified Survey Technician Level II Preferred.
•Good mathematical, basic computer and communication skills.
•Possess a valid driver’s license and ability to pass a driving record check.
•Pass a drug test.
•Dependable and physically able to work outdoors and on construction sites in all weather conditions.
•Willing and able to work overtime as required.
•Willing and able to travel for extended periods of time.
Stewart’s Geomatics group captures, processes, and delivers spatially acquired data in a wide variety of avenues to include traditional land surveying, global positioning systems, laser scanning and unmanned aerial systems (drones). This information can be presented through traditional CAD drawings, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), 3D models, photography, videography or combination thereof. If you love technology, the outdoors, and the built environment, then jumpstart your career and join our amazing team of technicians and professionals. If you’re lucky (and licensed), we might even let you take one of our drones out for a joyride.
Stewart is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer, Including Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.
McKim & Creed
Project Surveyor- Wilmington, NC
What if you had the opportunity to do something you love and make a difference in people’s lives at the same time? McKim & Creed is a company of people helping people. And that’s what gets us energized. That’s why we’re excited to get up and go to work every day. That and the cool tools.
With almost 200 geomatics professionals, McKim & Creed is one of the largest geospatial and land surveying firms in the Southeast. Since 2012, ENR Southeast has ranked McKim & Creed one of the largest surveying and mapping firms in the Southeast. And, McKim & Creed has recently been ranked lucky #13 in POB magazine's first-ever listing of the top 100 geospatial firms in the U.S.
Our staff includes 40+ professional/registered land surveyors licensed to work in more than 20 states, 60+ field crews, more than 65 survey technicians, five ASPRS-certified photogrammetrists and one certified inshore hydrographer. Our crews are based in offices as far south as Florida and as far west as Texas, and travel throughout the United States and the Caribbean to respond to our clients’ land surveying needs.
Our state-of-the-art technologies, which include mobile and airborne LiDAR, utility detection instruments, vacuum excavation equipment and GNSS units, robotic total Stations and UAS’s, enable us to complete projects swiftly, accurately and safely.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team. If you want to work at a company that will help you become the best you can be, we’re glad you found McKim & Creed.
Watch this video!
Watch this video to learn more about what it’s like to be a part of our team!
- Responsible for the technical production of survey project.
- The major objectives are the quality (accuracy, thoroughness, clarity and meets regulatory requirements) of work, meeting schedules, within budgets and responsive service to client.
- Organize technical production, direct field work, checking work (quality control) and communicating with project.
- Coordinate the production to cover all details so that the quality is present, and budgets and schedules are met.
- NC PLS required.
- Good technical skills
- Behavioral traits of process oriented, steady, helpful, analytical, problem solver, likes work alone when required, methodical, consistent, detail oriented, precise, hates mistakes and likes structure.
- Must have a valid driver's license and an acceptable motor vehicle record.
McKim & Creed is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status and maintains a Drug Free Workplace.
If you think this is the place for you, please visit our website to apply: www.mckimcreed.com.
Engineer Supervisor Geodetic Survey- Richmond, VA
If licensure is from another state, selected candidate must:
Fingerprint-based Criminal History Background Check and DMV record check required.
Job Closes 07/10/2020
THE WOOTEN COMPANY
Professional Land Surveyor – Raleigh, NC
Professional Land Surveyor – Greenville, NC
The Wooten Company, a multi-disciplinary firm founded in 1936, is dedicated to providing high-quality engineering, geomatics and architectural services to a broad spectrum of public and private industry.
We currently have open positions for a Professional Land Surveyor in our Raleigh, NC office and our Greenville, NC office. These positions provide the opportunity to be an essential part of the growth of our geomatics practice in Raleigh and Greenville while also being an integral participant in the continued growth of our firm.
The primary role of this position includes the following responsibilities for providing services to external clients and supporting internal multi-disciplinary project teams:
- Manage project-related research and reconnaissance
- Manage project field activities
- Perform and manage project computations in accordance with statutory and standardized procedures
- Prepare and manage preparation of project deliverables including certified professional reports and maps in hard copy and digital format prepared in accordance with statutory and standardized procedures
- Provide recommendations for continued refinement and collective implementation of high quality and efficient geomatics practice processes, including the use of emerging technologies
The qualifications of the successful candidate for this position include:
- NC Professional Land Surveyor (required)
- Minimum of 5 years land surveying field experience performing property, topographic, route and construction surveys
- Minimum of Associate’s Degree in relative field or comparable related experience
- Comprehensive grasp of survey field data processing
- Fundamental understanding of GNSS technology
- Proven performance of property boundary research, computations, and platting
- Proven competence with industry standard computer aided drafting software
- Proficiency in MicroSoft Office application suite including MS Word and MS Excel
- Proven experience with construction plan interpretation and staking plan preparation
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player
- Demonstrated attitude to grow personally and professionally in a mutually rewarding culture
The Wooten Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more details, please visit our website thewootencompany.com
To launch the next phase of your career with a company that cares about your personal and professional growth, please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ted Benbow Land Surveying
Instrument Operator - Statesville, NC
- 1-2 years survey experience
- Familiar with survey equipment (robotics and GPS) and procedures
- Self-motivated and organized
- Team player
- Good communication and technical skills
- Familiar with data collection software
Outside work. It is hot in the summer and cold in the winter and yellow jackets hurt when they sting you.
Only those that are tough and can work outside apply.
Contact Ted Benbow to Apply via Email or Call 704-878-9661
The Isaacs Group, P.C.
Survey Project Manager & Sr. CAD Technician - Charlotte, NC
The Isaacs Group is offering an outstanding opportunity for qualified land surveyors to join our surveying team. Our firm has been providing Civil Engineering Design and Land Surveying services to our clients since 1993 and we have an immediate opening for motivated personnel in our expanding Land Surveying Department located in Charlotte, N.C.
Position requires a minimum 5-10 years’ experience (office or field) in Land Surveying with a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience utilizing ACAD. Should be proficient with AutoCAD (Civil 3D preferred), have a solid background with office/field computations, platting and mapping, property research, experience scheduling and managing survey field crews, work well in a small office environment, be self-motivated and display a high standard of ethical conduct. Robotic, GPS and GIS surveying experience are a plus and LSIT or PLS licensure preferred but not required.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. The Isaacs Group offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, disability, and life insurances, IRA plan, paid vacation, and much more.
Reply with resume to: email@example.com or call 704-227-9414